I couldn’t have been more pumped for Super Bowl 50! Luckily, I knew which year it was because they are no longer using Roman Numerals. Peyton Manning is my favorite NFL player and the Super Bowl is always more exciting when your team makes it to the end! I was ready to go at 6:30, festive bow in hair and drink in hand!
My family and I enjoyed some typical treats: meatballs, wings, chips and salsa, homemade guac and my dad’s special touch suggestion lead to some delicious beef enchiladas. I don’t like to just drink beer so earlier in the week we found a recipe for Beergaritas. I despise the sound of ice in the blender so we just mixed the liquids and poured over ice. HOLY S%$! they were strong! So strong that nobody in the house wanted more than one. Except me. Cause tequila >>>. We laughed pretty hysterically at the commercials and I of course cheered louder than anyone about the half time show and the Broncos getting the win. My dad angrily declared he was boycotting football next season. I’ve heard this threat before yet we were watching the game together, so only time will tell. Love ya, dad!
Today I’m a little hung-over. I tried to stay hydrated last night but I knew that when I woke up and didn’t have to pee I was doomed. These are the thoughts going through my head after last night’s events.
1. When will I be able to recover from the puppy monkey baby?
2. Where do I sign up for Beyonce school so I can learn how to drop it that low and not fall down?
3. Who invented Beergaritas and why did I choose to drink so many?
4. Why isn’t the Monday after the Super Bowl a national holiday?
5. Can you ever have too much guac? Cause I could have eaten that whole bowl all by myself…
6. If Peyton Manning retires after drinking a lot of Budweiser and contemplating life decisions, who will I root for?
7. When can I go see Coldplay in concert?
8. Is a Super Bowl baby a real thing? I’m not sure you could pay me to sing on national television about when my parents created me.
9. Why don’t they include built-in bathroom breaks so you don’t have to miss any of the game or commercials?
I definitely enjoyed the night but I certainly do not feel enlightened/more intelligent in any way. Wouldn’t have missed it though because I have FOMO. Slightly sad it’s already over. Happy the reign of terror the holidays have on my body will be coming to an end after the Valentine’s Day chocolates are gone. Of course then there’s only a month until St. Patrick’s Day.
I hope those of you who indulged in Super Bowl Sunday are surviving one way or another. If you called out sick or were smart enough to ask for the day off, I envy you.
In case you were dying to have the recipe for my fabulous guacamole, I’ve included a very simple recipe for you! 😉 Sadly there are no pictures because it was demolished almost as soon as it was made.
- 4 ripened avocados
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes
- 1/4 -1/2 onion
- 1 tsp lime juice
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- salt/pepper to taste
Cut/core/dice avocados, tomatoes and onion. Mash avocados with a fork, add lime juice and stir. Add remaining ingredients. My family likes to eat these with Tostitos but I prefer pretzel thins. If you want to go the healthier route try baby carrots!